Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 15, 2007, 5:15 PM   #1

I am inclined to buy camera Samsung S630 to put meeting comentarios only negative on the quality of the photos cameras Samsung P.S. What the colleagues are finding of this cheap S630 therefore and one camera and with good resources for a P.S of entrance.
Abcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2007, 5:22 PM   #2

Look at the Entry Level cameras on Steve's Best Camera list:

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 11:15 PM   #3

Don't get it - I auditioned one for my fiancee, who liked the large LCD and the color (pink). It is a very disappointing camera, although the specs would indicate otherwise. The lens actually seems decent enough, but the jpeg compression seems too much, and the noise reduction is far too aggressive, with a resultant overabundance of chroma noise, even at ISO 200. Most disappointingly, the S630's ability to focus in low-light is virtually non-existent.

My fiancee eventually bought the Fuji F650, which is a good snapshooter. It's a bit larger than she would have liked, but the photos are decent and she loves the 3" LCD. I love the $70 (USD) price after $30 mail-in rebate.

In short, it seems to me that virtually any other name-brand camera would be superior to the Samsung S630.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote