Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2007, 4:57 PM   #1

I'm in the market for a new digital camera since I'd like something a bit more moderd and compact than my old Canon PowerShot A60. It should be noted that I love the quality of the A60. It's only 2megapixel but I find the pictures to be lovely and vibrant.

I'm looking for a new camera though and my criteria so far has been:

small/pocket sized.
~7 - 8 megapixels
640x480 >25fps video unlimited
good quality photos

I've been checking out the Casio Exilim range. They seem to meet my criteria and reviews seem to be generally positive. I've also seen some sonys but they tend to be quite abit more expensive and use their own brand memory card which I'm not sure how I feel about.

Also, what's it like using a camera that hasd a large lcd in bright light? I'm concerned that I wont be able to see the sreen very well ( I realise they are much brighter but i still imagine the reflections getting in the way). Is this the case?

Please recommend any cameras you think I should take a look at and I thank you in advance.

klep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2007, 10:24 PM   #2

Watch out for the "Mega-Pixel Myth". I would much rather have a P&S with fewer MP's than the one promoting more pixels (the smaller sensors cramming more Pixels per sensor is not good). Try to find something in the 4-5 MP range with the features you want.
Old May 30, 2007, 4:41 PM   #3

Also looking for the same . I have been considering the canon sd1000, ( viewfinder, small, great charger ( I have the canon s400), but like the sony t100 and the pentax a30 - not sure which to get- leaning toward the sd1000
rsppa is offline   Reply With Quote