Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 28, 2007, 9:19 PM   #1

Any opinions on which of these is the better camera? None of the retailers in my area carry the S6000 so I can't physically see it before I buy it. I like the idea of the manual zoom but hate to buy something sight unseen. Where is a good place to buy online that has easy returns if you decide you don't like it? I have an S5200 at the moment but it has broken and I am trying to decide which one to replace it with. Any help is much appreciated!!
Design3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2007, 12:17 AM   #2

I haven't seen the S700. I have seen and handled the S6000fd. I think the latter has more features. I am almost sure it will be much better at low light pictures. I think its sensor is bigger. I have the S5200. It's a nice little superzoom. The S700 has, I heard, not a super CCD sensor, but a "normal" sensor, which to me means that it won't be as good at high ISO's. I would pick the S6000fd.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 1:57 AM   #3

I think I'd go for the S6000fd. Fora fewbucks more than the S700, I think you'd be getting a much better camera. The manual zoom 28-300mm lens is fantastic - it's the sameone as on the more expensive S9100.Manual-zoom lenses also operate faster andmore precisely than power-zooms, giving you more control over the final result. Of course, the only way to know which one is best for you is to actually try them for yourself.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 8:11 AM   #4

Antoher vote for the S6000. Ass Robbo has said, the S700 has a "conventional" sensor - not the Super CCD used in Fuji's better cameras. The S6000 is larger, but is a more capable and quality camera.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 8:46 AM   #5

Although it does not feature IS, the Fuji S-6000 is a very capable camera. It is particularly lauded for it high ISO photo capabilities. It incorporated the imager from the remarkable Fuji F-30 and matches it with the zoom lens from the Fuji S-9000/9500 family.

The zoom is manually controlled and it is very responsive and precise. The S-6000 has received very good reviews and hundreds of very positive user reports. It is a camera that rightly deserves your attention.

Some folks are a bit concerned about the fact that, with its inherently excellent high ISO capabilities, thatthe S-6000will not be very good outdoors. They need not be concerned, as the Fuji S-6000 does just as well out of doors. In fact, I will attach an outdoor photo to this post for your reference.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote