Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2007, 7:23 AM   #1

:??HelP! I am going to buy either the H9 sony or the canon s5? I want to point and shoot...Sporting activities, zoom, image stabilization. Seems they both dothese things...Which is better? I hate my husband's slr because it has too many gizmos that I am not interested in. Kids on the go in sports need a split second decision. I want to get great photos from little effort. Advice anyone?
sgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2007, 3:14 PM   #2

The H9 has been reviewed pretty poorly on most of the sites I go to, check it out with a search. Apparently the pics aren't too sharp and other issues.

The Canon S5 is coming out next week, reviews will follow. If you don't need the hot shoe, the slightly larger LCD, and 2 moremega pixels,you should check out the Canon S3. There is very little diff between the two Canons and the S3 gets very good reviews and is about $150 less than the S5 will come out at. I have an S3 and it's very nice.

Just to put in my own opinion here, the two cameras you are considering aren't really point and shoot. They are kind of like the link between point and shoot and SLR. If all you want is a little camera to take fast shots with, you might want to research some of the smaller Canon's which can fit in your pocket and take excellent pics.

ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote