Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 8, 2007, 2:30 PM   #1

Hi I'm a new member and I need some help

I've been researching digital cameras for about 2 months because I desperatly need a new one. At first I was very impressed with the Cybershot H5 and was looking to purchasing that but then later realized that for a kid going off to college next year, it might be smarter for me to get a more comact camera, something I can slip into my pocket.

So I was hoping on finding something equal to picture quality just alot smaller, and I narrowed the list to 3

1. Sony DSC T100 - 8 MP, 3inch LCD, very nice looking but recieved many complaints about indoor shots and flash problems (one reviewer even questioned that thier camera phone would take better photos in the dark), but many like it alot, got a silver review from CNET.

2. Canon SD900 - 10 MP, I like the titanium look and it recieved many 5 stars, people seem to love it, but still recieves some complaints about lack of image stabiliazer and shaky pics.

3. Canon SD850, New I believe, 8 MP, 4X zoom

I have no idea, I liked the movie features on the Sony as well, but once again if you cant take good pics inside, whats the point?

I am no expert in cameras so I'm hoping some people out there can help me out

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you,

Brendan Ryan (Braintree, MA)
musicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2007, 3:21 PM   #2

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the Sony T-100 has not received glowing reviews. If you like Sony you might want to take a look at the Sony W-55, which is also pleasingly small.

And, yes, I think that the Sony H-5 is an excellent camera too. BTW here is an indoor, handheld, no flash,shot with the ISO at 400 for you.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote