Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 10, 2007, 4:56 AM   #1

This is my first post and there are two things I must confess before all. First, English is not my mother tongue, I beg your pardon for the bad English. Second, my knowledge about photography is worst than my English :-(

During the next August I plan to spend some time in Japan :-) and I would like to buy a new compact camera there. Now I have got a Pentax Optio S4. I like the size of the camera but its screen is so small and dark. Specially when you compare it with the newer cameras.

My problem is that I don't know anything about the Japanese compact camera market. So, I have thought that this is a good place to ask for some advises.

This is what I would like to get with my new camera:

* Small size, like the Optio S4
* Fast, I'm pretty bad taking photos of fast moving targets --like somebody walking (I'm that bad)-- because the delay between pressing the shutter and the instant the photo is taken. I must say that my girlfrind is much better than me...
* Wide zoom. I like to photograph buildings, so a wide zoom would be greatly appreciated. A good zoom would be great as well.
* Big screen, but good duration of bateries
* Megapixels. I'm happy with 4MP, I suppose that the more, the better. But I'm not so sure.
* WiFi. One less wire in my suit, that could be great. Is WiFi support a good idea in camera?
* Rain resistant.
* It must be Mac friendly
* Price bellow $500 - 375 €
* Is there anything I should be worry about?

What camera(s) do you thing is/are the best options for me?

haakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links