Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:45 PM   #1

i've been shooting with digital cameras for a few years now... and it's now time to upgrade and maybe even change how i take pictures.

i find that i take more action pictures... if i use my point/shoot sd500, i have to use a higher shutter speed and thus it takes grainy type pictures. i'm thinking of an slr or something comparable.

what i would like, if you guys would pls suggest so i might research, is a camera that comes with a good instruction manual in english :P and takes quality sport pictures and comes with optiona accessories (like a remote control).

slr or point/shoot. so long as i won't have to upgrade it for another few years. price isn't really too much of an issue as i'd have to save up for it anyhow! lol

thanks in advance!!
avehnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:28 AM   #2

Action is your game SLR is where you need to go.... my Bias would be you just want to go there in one step relatively cheapand equalling a $2300 Canon 30D for $400+ less (and some ways more capable) consideder the Pentax K10D.

Again just going there and no lens ties to Canon or Nikon.... a very good first consideratrion.... plus C&N can't claim can use pretty much ANY lens made for petaxt 35mm in the last 50 years.... not then automation (like AF) limititations obviously.... but literally any lens made Canon and Nikon can't quite caim THOUGH there are original Pentax M42 screw mount lens adapters for BOTH C & N.... but not their own older lenses?

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote