Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:11 AM   #1

Hi There,
I'm looking to get a new camera to replace my old one, which was both old and stolen, thus making it useless to me.
I primarily take holiday photos and photos indoors, so would like to be able to take a good scene shot, but also take it out on nights out where the light's not so good.

I've been looking at the fuji f31, as i've heard good things about it on here and elsewhere, but am a bit worried it'll be too chunky for me as i'd like to be able to stick it in my jean's pocket when i go out.

I've also been looking at the Canon Ixus 70 or 75. can anyone advise me as to whether these are good cameras, and the difference between them?

Thanks for reading this far, and for any help you can give.

Oh, and i'm looking to spend about 150 (~$250)

madamimadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:42 PM   #2

I can recommend the Fuji S-700. It is not going to go into your jeans pocket. However, it will fit easily into your jacket pocket. It is know in the USA as the Fuji S-700, as is Fuji's practice, in the rest of the world, this great little camera is known as the Fuji S-5700.

The Fuji S-700/S-5700 has 10X optical zoom (38 to 380mm, in 35mm terms), it has 7mp, uses SD chips, has a great video mode, and has both a Macro and Super Macro Mode. In short it is a great camera that is worthy of a good look.

If you are totally committed to the idea of anultra small camera, jeans pocket camera, then why not take a good look at the Sony W-55. It has 3X optical zoom, and is capaple of excellent photos up to ISO 800 just like the Fuji S-700 camera.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote