Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:29 AM   #11

Old Engineer wrote:
There seems to be a concensus that the K10D creates somewhat soft Jpegs. I plan on shooting RAW plus Jpeg, then processing the RAWS where I want really sharpened photos. I have a program "RawShooter, Essentials 2005" which came with my Corel Paint Shop Pro 10. I bought the Corel program, hoping it would add something to my Paint Shop Pro 6, but it didn't. I use Pro 6 to make drawings for my inventions when I submit them for patenting. I just finished one with 49 sheets of 199 drawings. It has been a godsend to me in my work. No more dirty ink or graphite drawings. On subject again, can someone tell me if the RawShooters program is suitable for processing RAW photos?
Raw Shooter Essentials was the world's most used raw converter. It was so successfull, because it was free, had a superior GUI and produced pictures with an excellent resolution. To dominate the market Adobe with their own products, Lightroom and ACR, bought the Rawshooter and shut it down. The last and final version is RSE 2006. Unfortunately you can't register RSE anymore. Thus whenever you start it, you are asked for registration. However, after closing the registration window you can fully use RSE. The K10D is a more recent camera and not supported by RSE. However, you can easily patch RSE such that it can process DNG raw files from the K10D.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote