Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:35 PM   #1

I have used a Sony cybershot dsc-f717 for about 4 years with good results. The camera needs to be repaired, and I am considering areplacement for it. I am looking for feedback from others who have had success with a digicam for the following type of photography: i shoot my pics mainly for kingsfootball.com, a high school team in Ohio. Games are at night, varied lightingthroughout gameas well as at each stadium, I never use flash. I liked the cybershot because of ability to manually focus and f 2.3 (if I needed it). It had a decent zoom, although anything past center of the field often was grainy. I typically shoot manual, 400, on the camera's largest pics size. I did this becasue I also make a year-end video and sometimes made posters of shots captured during the season as gifts. I also took mpg video and recorded audio that i would incorporate into the video. If not for that, I would go the DSLR route for sure. I really like the ability to manually focus, and that seems to limit my choices, as many of the digicams now seem not to have this feature. Plus, many of the digicams are f2.7 at best -- will I notice it in picswhen it is darker earlier in the games?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. ~ Bill

Here's a pic from a wet game, last game of the season, one of the better lit stadiums. This is a pic I included on the website during the season.
Attached Images
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2007, 1:25 PM   #2

A lot of people recommend the Fuji S6000fd (S6500 in some markets) for your type of pictures.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote