Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:10 AM   #1

What is a good point and shoot digital camera with battery pack (not AA), that uses the SD card, andis easy to use and priced under $300?
bkford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:15 AM   #2

While certainly not the only choice the Kodak Z612 meets your requirements. It performs very well with just the automatics settings although it also has aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual controls as well. My wife uses mine on just the auto mode and is pleased with her results and I use the auto setting at least half the time. It has 12x (35mm-420mm equiv.) optical stabilized lens and numerous scene modes. The preferred battery is a KLIC8000 rechargeable LiIon battery but can also use the non-rechargeable CRV-3 Li batteries as back-up. It is on Steve's Best Camera list: http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html.

The entire line of Olympus Stylus weatherproof cameras use rechargeable LiIon batteries if you need a pocketable camera.

There are probably other cameras that meet your requirements. I'd suggest reading the reviews of the cameras on Steve's Best Camera list that use rechargeable LiIon batteries.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote