Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:00 AM   #1

Hi! I have been reading through the forums, and I think I'm more confused than ever. LOL!

Okay..I have owned two digital cameras in 7 yrs. And I really bought them both on the fly. I had the Nikon CoolPix2500 and the Kodak DX7440. The Kodak finally broke..so I'm in the market for a new one. I don't know if I'm expecting to much from a point and shoot camera.

I use my camera to take pics of my family. My chidren play soccer, and other sports. I use it to take pictures of their concerts. This is where I have the most problem. Becuase of thelight in the auditoriums, I never get good pics, always too dark. I have a 35mm, but I would like to be able to use my digital camera also. I was looking at the Fuji S700, but I am getting mixed reviews. SOme love it, some hate it. I can't spend alot of money...between 200-250 would be ideal. But I would love something with decent zoom, and good low light photo's. I don't enlarge my pics too much, but if I ever do, it's only to 5X7...

Any suggestions??? If I need to clarify more, please just let me know. THANK YOU!!!!

mar0044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:06 PM   #2

If your kid's sports are daytime the Kodak Z712 is in your price range and will do a great job.It may even have capability at the concerts if the auditoriums stages are decently illuminated. If night sports and makeshift auditoriums are the norm then the choice is probably the Fuji S6000fd but it will be about a $100 over your current price range.

The Z712 is a 12x IS superzoom and Kodak has just lowered the price to $250.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote