Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 2, 2007, 9:39 PM   #1

So I'd like to buy a camera at Costco because of their return policy and technical support. However, after sifting through reviews of thecameras in my price range I have no idea what camera to choose. Here is what I'm looking at that Costo is carrying;

Cannon Powershot SD750

Cannon Powershot SD1000

Sony W90

Kodak C763

I'm taking a trip to Europe this Fall so I'll be taking a lot of landscape shots, etc. Also love taking action shots of my kids playing sports. Battery life, shutter speed, image qualityare important to me.This will be my first camera purchase so any advice from you pro's out therewould be awesome! Thanks

jsparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:50 PM   #2

Of that group I would prefer the W90. It has optical stabilization and a viewfinder. It also has great battery life.

Either Costco has a lousy selection or you are at a low price point. There are several of the Canon SD models that are excellent with stabilization and viewfinders. The Kodak is just too limited IMO. The SD750 has a nice LCD and you would probably like the photos.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 8:27 AM   #3

I agree with slipe-

Kodak does have the Kodak Z-885 though that sells for around $160 on the internet that is quite good. However, be warned in advance that it does not have an optical viewdinder. If an optical viewfinder is essential, thentake a look at the Canon A-series and the Sony V-seriescameras.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote