Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:36 AM   #1

Wife acceptable shutter lag (translated: very low)
Cheap $100-$150
5MP or larger
AA Batteries

Preferably XD compatible. Not a requirement though. I have plenty of otherflash cards.

Reasons for an inexpensive camera is because my wife tends to drop things or not set them down in a safe place and our cameras get broken frequently 1 per year or so. The last one was stepped on and no one can explain to me how it happened.

AA batteries because I have a house full of them for our other cameras and kids toys. I really do not want to carry and pack up another proprietary charger.

My last camera was the Olympus D-590 Zoom. The shutter lag is what killed us on those perfect poses.

Thank you.
sweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2007, 12:42 PM   #2

I purchased a Fuji F-20 this past May for $149 at amazon and managed to get a $50 rebate from Fuji. I am not sure if Fuji still has that same rebate, but at $100 net it was an excellent camera purchase. The Fuji F-20 has a full metal body and takes great photos.
However, it do miss you spec sheet a bit. Here is a link to the camera. Amazon is still selling it for $149.

A camera that is closer to your specs is the Kodak Z-885 which is now selling for around $160.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:44 PM   #3

Thanks! I am somewheat flexible on the requirements. I posted them in theorder of necessity.
sweston is offline   Reply With Quote