Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:20 PM   #1

I am looking for a top quality subcompact digital camera that I can easily carry in a cycling jersey pocket yet is still versatile enough to serve as a do-everything camera while on active vacations.Things that are important to me in a digicam are: ease of use, ability to take quality images in low-light settings (dusk, dawn, indoors, etc.) and logic of the controls. The price is not a consideration nor is the movie/video feature.

From my preliminary research, three cameras seem to stand out: the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T100, Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W90, and the Canon PowerShot SD1000. Please give me your recommendations as to which camera you prefer. If there is not a clear-cut choice, please outline the major advantages and disadvantges of each camera.

Many thanks.
DlphcOracl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 4:35 PM   #2

You might want to a take a look at the Fuji F-20 cameras on sale at www.amazon.com for $149. It is one of the Fuji F series cameras that are so famous for there low light capability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3

The older Fuji F series are a bargain at the moment as Sarah points out. I couldn't resist and recently added the F31fd to my camera collection due to the good reviews for image quality and low light performance. I've only had it a few days and have been experimenting - the image below is at ISO3200 - noisy, but not much worse than my entry level DSLR.
Attached Images
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote