Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:13 PM   #11

Greg,I agree with you completely-

The decision between the XTi and the 30D is absolutely key to this discussion. Without a decision, we will not move forward, at all! Are you hearing me, OP also know as Sound Dust??

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:00 PM   #12

Waiting for the 40D to come out then gonna try to snag the 30D for a good price somewhere. I've been obsessively looking at lenses for it, and will probably pick up the 50mm f/1.4 and a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 to start my collection, then wait until Christmas and birthdays roll around to make additions.

There is a thread on the Canon DSLR forum about how ineffective the sensor cleaner is in camera. Will just plan to clean manually when needed.

Thanks for the advice all!
SoundDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 12:48 AM   #13

I have the 400D and it is a terrific camera, i like it better than the 350D i had, but the auto sensor cleaner doesn't keep all the dust off i've changed from my 17-85 lens to my 70-300 alot and i only have one speck i see, but i bought the sensor swab cleaner that has 12 swabs and the eclipse E2 drops that should last a long time it's probably the best sensor cleaner out, but on image quality between the 30D and 400D you will get the same from both, on a dslr it depends on the lens you have
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote