Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:03 PM   #1

There is an eos 20D at Adorama, "refurbished by Canon", at 750 $. That is almost half price compare to the EOS40D, the difference could get me some amazing lens.

- How reliable is "refurbished by Canon" ?

- What is the reputation of Adorama on the market ?

philgib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:42 PM   #2

Don't know about Adorama, but I got my 350D "refurbished by Canon" from a local reputable store almost a year ago and it came with 4 years warranty at very good price.
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 4:53 AM   #3
Super Moderator

A Canon refurb is pretty much like new, anything not correct is replaced and should come boxed with everything. Double check the warranty on it, get a year to be safe.

Adorama are (from what I gather as I'm in the UK) one of the better places in the US along with B&H. I was there a couple of weeks ago and went to both...... really didn't want to leave B&H in NYC as it was like a big kids playground with every toy I've ever wanted but is great as you get to play with them before buying.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:44 AM   #4

As you can see both Alex and Mark have had a good experience with Canon's refurbished cameras. I have also had a good experience as well. I purchased a Canon 20D from Cameta and with a little talking was able to get a 0ne year guarantee as well.

I have had zero problems with the 20D and it has been in service now for about 15 months with a lot of hard use.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote