Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 10, 2007, 5:20 PM   #1

hi everyone.

i'm looking to purchase a compact digital cam for a big indoor concert i will be attending soon. i have read previous threads here about this subject, but they are relatively old and was wondering if anything new has come on the market.

I went to a concert last week and took a canon s2 is, which performed admirably for what it had to do. I got some nice shots but most likely this is due to my great seating position. I would simply take the canon s2 again but i was luckily 'let through' with it as security didnt want to bother confiscating it (i guess). i'm worried that due to the s2's larger bulk, the next concert i attend (Beyonce) they might prevent me from taking it in.

that's why i'm thinking of taking something smaller, that will fit in my pocket yet offer a larger zoom (at least 6x) and full control of aperature and shutter and high iso performance. I have narrowed down my choices to either:

1. Panasonic Lumix DMCLZ7 - 7.2mp, 6x zoom, image stabilzation
2. Panasonic 6.1MP DMCTZ2 - 6.1mp, 10x zoom, image stabilization
3. Nikon Coolpix S4 - 6.0mp, 10x zoom, image stabilization
i'm looking for something that can fit in my pocket, offer a large zoom, have image stabilization that works very well. I'm not sure whether the pansonics allow full manual control of aperature, iso and shutter speed tho. The nikon looks very good but am worried as it's lens is only listed as f3.5? How do 1, 2 and 3 compare to my older canon s2?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links