Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:47 AM   #1

I have a Lumix that my brother gave me when he got a new one. It's getting old, slow and is too big for what I want, and I would like to replace it.

I'm not a serious amateur photographer, but I do like to take good photos, and don't want a happy snap camera, although I would like a more compact camera. Less expensive is also preferable, but I don't want to lose quality to cheapness.

It needs to take SD cards, because I have a small library of these (well 4), and I would love one that has a panorama, stick-pics-together function, although it's not vital. My gripes with my current camera (and I think these might be an age/me not understanding all the things it does things) are that it doesn't take good night photos, with or without the flash, and the screen is too dark and it doesn't take very clear videos (I know it's not a video camera, but I also know that newer cameras do better than mine).

There are so many cameras around, and I don't know how to look for what I'm after (or what exactly I'm looking for), any ideas or suggestions?

mimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:43 AM   #2

You might want to take a look at the Kodak Z-712. It is quite an advance, as it offers 7mp, 12X of optical zoom, and simple to use controls, all in a very compact package.

If you wanted to stay with the Panasonic brand take a look at the TZ-3. And if an ultra small compact is in your mind, have a look at the Olympus Stylus which ia a weatherproof camera with 7mp, IS and 5X optical zoom. That gives you some variety. Here is a sample photo from the Stylus 780.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote