Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 16, 2007, 3:33 AM   #1

BTW..This seems a very good place to ask, great site. I was surfing for opinions on the DDV M1 and liked it so much I registered.

I want to shoot video on-board fast-moving motorbikes. What kit will work best? And no, I have no budget at all so the kids are going hungry with whatever I buy.

Currently I am using a Hi8 camera solidly bolted beside the radiator, great foward facing but no rear-facing shots (my mounting was too bouncy)

The quality is good enough, but not brill. The tape lasts for a full weekend on the Isle-of-Man which is great, but the battery is now failing early and uneconomic to replace. The camera is bulky, but I can fit a wideangle converter or filters onto the lense which definitely helps the image.

I have AV in on my pc, so transfer is not an issue. But the question is, what do I buy to replace it? Image stabilisation seems sensible, wider lense angles are better, and something small will be far easier to mount, but what do I buy, that will at least equal the Hi8 but not cost the earth? And if I get something with AV in would a small cmos camera link well, or be a fuzzy waste of money?

Your help is much apreciated. I cannot afford the cost oflearning by experience...a wise man (and a man with no money!)shouldlearn by other people's experience!
lancsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links