Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 15, 2007, 7:33 AM   #1

Which is the better Sony H7 or Panasonic FZ8? Which has fewes iso noise? And which camera take better picture?
sulep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2007, 7:50 AM   #2

Go to a site like DPReview, look at their samplepictures and make this decision yourself. Everyone has their own opinion about "what is better". If you can't make your mind up yourself, how can you expect someone else to do it for you?

They areboth noisy at higher ISO settings. Which one is noisier? Whatdo you think after looking at these? It's a little like splitting hairs.Neither is really good in low light. They both take very good pictures in good light. Look at those pictures and see which ones you like best, but always remember this...the guys who took these knew what they weredoing with them, and used the controls on the camera necessaryto take as good an image as possible. If you buy either, stick itin auto modeand hope for the best, you are just as likely to takebad pictures as goodpictureswith either one.

On second thought, go see my post in your other message and justbuy the Panasonic FZ18.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:48 AM   #3

I agree with Greg on this one.

The Panasonic FZ-18 is a real advance and a good performer. Here is a sample photo from the FZ-18.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote