Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:02 PM   #1

Video is the main reason I want a camera, but I don't want to get a big camera (video camera ect.) cause I would like this to fit in my pocket.

Of course I want this camera to be good at photos aswell but I am not really picky about photos too much, I just sorta want to be able to point and shoot.

I was looking at the casio exilim ex-v8. It has stereo microphone so that sounds pretty good for video, and it has some sorta compression that doesnt completely suck.

But i sorta have some questions about it all. UHQ and HQ? WTF? are they both compressed? I had a look at the short swimming movie in widescreen and it looks like perfect quality for me. Still 6,158 KB. so if the clip is 7 seconds that means it is 880 KB per second. Ouch! so thats almost 3.2gb per hour.
I can't seem to find any HQ widescreen samples, I would really like to see the difference for myself.

Most of the video stuff will be going on youtube, but I do not plan to use the youtube video function as in the end the videos look rather shocking on the website.

So does this sound like the right camera for me? Anyone love this camera or hate it? any info or comments is great!
Sleepysonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links