Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:17 PM   #1

Hello everyone!

I conducted a search and was unable to find anything so I apologize if this has been done before. I have just purchased an Olympus FE 300 ($177) because I had succumbed to some sales pressure and I was told it was much better than the other Olympus I had my eye on. I have just read a review of the Olympus FE 300 from CNET and it doesn't seem very good! I was going to purchase the Olympus FE 280 but they were unfortunately sold out. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Olympus FE 290 ($207) and if so, what are the pros and cons? I was unable to find a good review online. Also, I was wondering if the Olympus FE 290 allows you to zoom in and out while recording video and if so, how is the quality? If you have anything else you would like to add I would love to hear it. I love Olympus cameras so my only concern with these models is their video mode and performance speed. Although, I would have said the same with the Olympus FE 300 and i got the WORST pictures quality! My old Olympus Stylus would take photos adn I could zoom in to see my pores the Olympus FE 300 you zoom in and its a mosaic of pixelated crap. Are the Stylus models the higher end of all Olympus models? Should I just stick with a stylus that has video capability and can take pictures from afar with good quality? If so, which stylus would you reccomend?

Thank you very much,

claudiagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links