Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:50 AM   #1

I cant decide which camera to go with. If one had a optical viewfinder I'd go for it. Any opinions I'd appreciate.

Canon SX100IS vs Sony DSC-H3 both are 8MP & 10X optical zoom.

Thank You

xxrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:02 AM   #2

Hi xxrice ...

I'm not a pro's toenail nor will I pretent to be but here's my little bit of input for you.

I've only just today returned to my retailer and exchanged the SX100IS and taken a DSC-H3.

Reason? The flash recycling time as affected by the battery.

I originally had a Canon PowerShot S60, which had a lithium battery. No dramas.

The PowerShot fell untimely victim to an issue subject to a recall, so I had to get another camera. I bought a PowerShot A720IS - did all that I wanted but the time to get the camera back into action after using the flash was a joke I thought.

I was told on this forum that it was because of AA batteries. I addressed this with my retailer whereupon I then took the SX100IS after being shown in store that the flash recycling time was better despite still being AA batteries.
All seemed ok ... til this morning when I wanted to take pictures of the kids putting up the Christmas tree and the waiting waiting waiting began. Shame, nice camera I thought.

So back again with the request for cameras with lithium batteries and the DSC-H3 was the result of three that I looked at. It's a smidge smaller than the SX100IS but does have a better feel to it in my opinion. My fingers are crossed.

(The bugger about all of this is my original PowerShot S60 is back from repair!
It's in great condition and still has three years warranty too!
Anyone looking for an S60?!! :-) )

Anyway, just something to be mindful of.

brinkerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:17 PM   #3

What do you actually think of the Sony H3 ? I also did the same sent mine back because of the flash recycle time thought mine had a fault
jeanette62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:36 PM   #4

If my primary interest in picture-taking were indoor photos, I'd buy a Fuji F40fd or a Fuji S6000. For point and shoot cameras, when it comes to indoor photos you can't beat the Fuji superccd.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:55 PM   #5

my Brother has the s6000 it is massive for every day use and the other one is not enough zoom
jeanette62 is offline   Reply With Quote