Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 2, 2007, 6:33 AM   #11

You also see warranty differences between regions.

For example, most DSLR models have a 1 year warranty in the U.S. (versus 2 years in many other countries).

In addition, consumer protection laws and regulations tend to differ between countries, which can add cost to a product.

In some cases, products can be different between regions because of these types of regulations. For example, the Sony DSLR-A700 for the European market does not get the grip sensor found on the U.S. model (because of European regulations restricting the percentage of nickel content and this grip sensor doesn't confirm to the newest regulations).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 7:23 AM   #12

peripatetic wrote:
Hmm, looks like the exchange rate differential is starting to show up in prices now.
Perhaps, but it might not have filtered down to everything yet.

B&H Photo Video has the Canon 50mm f/1.8 for 75 USD, but Jessops has it for 90 GBP.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:41 PM   #13

Ok I think I'm going to go for the Canon eos 400d, I've had it recommended to me by a few other people as well as on here so unless there's some kind of conspiracy it must be pretty good.

I felt really stupid earlier in the shop, I was looking at the specs for the 40d but the price for the 400d, thought I was getting the bargain of the century! why do they have to make the names so similar?!

and about the exchange rate, I really need to get away from this stupid country soon, maybe spain would be nice...
Ny is offline   Reply With Quote