Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:45 PM   #1

I've read Steve's reviews and Best Camera suggestions. I want to purchase a camera for my daughter who is almost 11. Of course, she loves the cool colors, but I want it to be reliable and take good photos. We also only want to spend about $100 since she is so young.

I had zeroed in on the Nikon L11 which is currently selling for about $99, but I cannot get it in a cool color except at Target (blue available) and I am not crazy about their return policy.

Any suggestions or should I just go with the silver and hope she forgets about the color?

hsgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:55 PM   #2

At your price point, the only other decent options are the Samsung S630, which comes in several colors, and the Kodak C613, which I think only comes in white. The Nikon is probably better than those two others.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:06 AM   #3

if you are that worried about the return policy then just don't "misplace" your reciept.
also do your research and be pretty confident that this is the one because they have the 15% restocking fee on opened camcorders and cameras. But, so do best buy, circuit city, and many others.

so, most stores only have 14-30 days on electronics--target allows you a full 90

Many stores now charge a restocking fee on opened cameras--so does target

All stores say they require a reciept--but target isn't joking.

doesn't really sound too badto me. def not worth buying a different camera for.
Xmasshopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:01 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you for your advice. Target lowered their prioce and even though the 15% restocking fee (yes, I know most everyone charges it) rubs me the wrong way, I bought the L11. I think she'll love the blue color and if it takes good photos, then we'll all be very happy.

Merry Christmas,

hsgram is offline   Reply With Quote