Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:27 AM   #1

Hi everyone,
Just officially joined this great site. I was lurking here fo a long while. I need some advice from the experienced members. I want to buy a good and affordable P&S camera. After reading all reviewes on the net, I limited my choices to Panasonic LZ7, FX12 and a CanonSD1000 (Ixus70 in Australia).
My problem is a price: all these cameras are priced at AU$299.
Which one is the best? I was always a Canon fan and wanted to buy an SD1000. Unfortunately I read a lot of threads on the web about LCD problems and Error E18 problems with Canons.
I am not sure if Canon SD1000 is on the list of affected cameras. Also, Panasonics are appealing for various reasons, but my number one reason is affordability. I really don't want to go higher than AU$300. I can stretch myself to about AU$350 and that's about it.
From the user point of view, what would be the best bet out of three? I really like to hear an unbiased opinion rather than Canon vs Panasonic debate. I mainly do shots on fishing trips like landscape, fish caught, close ups, some macro at home. Picture quality is very important as well as portability and reliability. I understand limitation of all three cameras but would like to hear from the users, not the salesmen in the shops (like "I have the same camera" talk).
Thanks in advance,
P.S. I thought I better tell that BBFYB in the subject field means Best Bang For Your Buck!
bugaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links