Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:57 PM   #1

I'm 15 and I and thought for Christmas I would purchase a digital camera for my mom. T'he one we have now is a 4 MP Kodak with a 1" LCD screen and it's really thick. It's constantly breaking, and it's almost embarrasing when my mom takes it out for pictures. I was looking to spend about 160 dollars or so (I figure that can buy you at least a decent camera now-a-days). I went to Target and picked up the 8.2 MP Kodak MD853 for 149.99 + Tax. Now I'm panicked because the reviews on it are very mediocre and sub-par. What's worse is that the Black Friday Sales for it were 89.99 compared to the 150 that I paid. If I'm spending hard-earned money, I want to get the most I can for it. Can someone with any experience with this camera, or others in it's price range with me some imput?

Is it a rough enough situation that I should take it back to Target and get a refund/exchange for a new camera? I'm seriously considering this option even though I rather would not.ShouldI take it back?If so, which cameras would up my alley? I'm looking for something that looks really nice and shoots well. My mom isn't a professional or anything, just likes taking pictures like the rest of them. Doesn't have to be anything really fancy.. Do you think it's worth shelling out $150+ to upgrade from a breaking-down 4MP camera? Will there be a noticable difference? But most importantly, is it worth taking back, or should I stick with what I have andbe proud of it? I'm somewhat interested in the Casio Exilim EX-Z75.. can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks Again!
accomplished is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:23 PM   #2

Target has three cameras for $150 or less that I would prefer over the Kodak M853: The Canon A560 and the Samsung S85, which have gotten good reviews, and the Sony DMC S700, which seems to be a decent camera.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote