Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:32 PM   #1

I currently have a Canon S410 that I've had for years, but I've now gone through 2 batteries (the 2nd one is starting to die) and the camera is still functional, but the lack of image stabilization is starting to get noticeable in my pictures and I've noticed that my camera is really slow in taking pictures.

In looking around, I've come to the below list...
Fuji F50fd
Canon SD850IS
Casio EXZ1080

Also, although it's not really compact, I've also been drawn to the Canon A650IS for all its features.

I would say that the majority of my photos are macro no-flash pictures (of food - I have a food blog), the rest are general outdoor/indoor pictures.

Although I'd ideally like to have a compact camera to always carry around and also have a fancier DSLR or something like the A650 that has more functions, but at the moment, I only have the budget for one camera.

It's not a compact camera - but do you think the A650IS is worth splurging for - or do you think any of the above (or maybe another compact camera) has comparable features?

Thanks in advance for your help!
foodie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:35 PM   #2

You may want to consider the Canon A720IS or A570IS instead of the A650IS, as the former two cameras have great Image Quality, have just as many features and are much cheaper than the A650IS.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:45 PM   #3

Wow - you're right, those are significantly cheaper than the 650IS. Any personal experience with any of the cameras?

I know it comes down to personal preference, but trying to see if any of the cameras I'm looking at have glaring issues.

Thanks for the input!
foodie7 is offline   Reply With Quote