Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 28, 2007, 4:17 PM   #1

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, I trust a mod will move it if needed.

I guess instead of "what camera to buy", this is more of a "where not to buy it".

It was 2 or 3 years ago, I wanted a Fuji F11. It was only available overseas, the only one availble here was the F10. Difference being, the F11 had full manual controls, the F10 did not.

I found a company on Ebay called Time2Envy, which specializes in getting items that may not be avalable in the US. They had a good price, service was good and I am still a happy user of the camera.

When I looked at possible places to buy a 12-24 zoom for my 40D, Time2Envy had the best price I could find. Since I had such a good experience before, I used "Buy it Now" and sent them $439 on December 15, and was assured they would ship in 2 to 3 business days. I needed the lense before I left town for Christmas holidays on December 21.

Well, they didn't ship within the time frame they promised, and the lens came while I was away. I contacted Time2Envy, and they agreed they were wrong, claimed they were emabarrased, and sent me a free lens pouch, filter kit, and 5 year warranty. I must admit, they went overboard making up for mistake number 1.

Now, the problems begin. When I did receive the lens, it was for a Nikon, and I ordered a lens for my Canon. When I contacted them about getting the wrong lens, they said just ship it back AT MY EXPENSE, and they would ship out my new lens as soon as they get a tracking number from me.

I don't think it is fair to have to pay return shipping for their mistake, so I asked to cancel the order. Now the attitude changes. First they said I would have to agree to a cancellation of the auction for non-payment even though they have had my money sinc December 15. Then I would need to leave positive feedback, and supply them with a tracking number for the return shipment, and they would give me an immediate refund.

Problem is, I have done all those things even though I didn't feel good about agreeing to the cancellation of the auction or the positive feedback. Now they are not responding to phone messages or emails. I've got a bad feeling about this, I think I may never receive my refund. But until I do, I will leave messages like this all over the internet, call them multiple time a day, and even pay them a visit when I'm in Brooklyn next month on business.

Moral of the story....think twice before ordering from Time2Envy! As far as I'm concerned, this is not worth the couple of buck you "save"!
dmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:34 PM   #2

I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 770, and got it in 4 days. Worked fine. Decided to google them, bc i am planning on ordering a projector from them, and wanted to do some snooping around. So far most of it looks good, with a few blips here and there. if anyone else has experience with them, lemme know.

doobie is offline   Reply With Quote