Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:45 PM   #1

First post here so be easy on me, please. I am looking for a good point and shoot. I want a higher optical zoom 10x or higher and I'd like something with good low light quality as well as natural light shots. I have been looking at the Fuji S700, Kodak Z812, and the Canon S5. What are recommendations? Pros and cons of each from those of you who have one of these. I have read quite a few different threads and reviews, but I'm not sure which of them to believe. Maybe the less experienced owners give better ratings, and maybe some people are just not happy with anything. I don't really want a DSLR. I am looking for something a little smaller and I found these. If there are others I am up for any suggestions you all may have. Zoom is more important to me than low light. However I would like to take good pictures indoors. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
huntinzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:20 PM   #2

When you speak so clearly about a lot of zoom and low light shooting capabilities in the same breath, perhaps you should be looking at the DSLR offerings such as the Canon XTi, the Nikon D-40, or even the Olympus E-510. The Canon XTi is the best low light capable camera of that group.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote