Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:55 PM   #1

I am torn between these two cameras. I have researched everything I can find and I have no clue which is the better buy. There is only a $10 difference between the two. Can someone offer some advise to this novice? Thanks.
swhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:59 AM   #2

I have a Z712is with which I am delighted. One of its best features is the electronic viewfinder (EVF), which gives a through-the-lens live preview. I don't see one on the Canon SX-100. It's been a breakthrough in my photography.

I seldom use the LCD screen when shooting, as the EVF image is beautifully visible in all ambient lighting conditions, and LCD screens aren't. Optical viewfinders often don't show the settings.The EVF shows many settings which can be adjusted without taking the camera away from your eye, and even allows exposure to be adjusted by eye to some degree, instead of relying on the metering.

There's loads about the Z712 and similar models in the 'Kodak' forum. In terms of very good performance in a small, light, cheap camera, it's the best I've owned in about 45 years of photography, including film SLR kit.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote