Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:54 PM   #1

I was searching Newegg.com and came across the Fujifilm S700 Black 7.1MP for $189.99 and was wondering if this camera would fulfill what I was looking for in a digital camera?

I'm a n00b when it comes to digital cameras. I've had digital cameras in the past and went without one for a long time, however, I am now back in the market for one and was wanting one that had the following features:

1. Relatively quick load/turn on ready to shoot time

2. Ability to take many photos without waiting too long for the camera to ready itself for the next photo

3. Stabalization/reduced blur in photos

Based on the above mentioned camera I read that xD memory was preferred as it provided less drain on the batteries and therefore longer battery life than SD?
c0nt3nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:15 AM   #2

1. start up time is less than 2 sec. fast enough for me.

2. shot to shot is about 2-3 sec. fast enough for me. more compact cameras such as canon A series need around 7 sec. Nikon L series are worse.

burst is about 1.1 fps. very slow if you compare it to a dslr (3 fps at least).

3. Fuji S700 doesn't have optical IS or sensor shift IS. if you want to reduce blur, it'll boost the ISO (more noise), or you could use a tripod instead.

check out the fuji forum and take a look at the thread. plenty of photos there. my dad owns one and he's happy with it.
DChris is offline   Reply With Quote