Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:24 PM   #1

I am trying to buy a camera that does everything well. My main use will be taking pictures when I am kayakng as well as fishing. My needs will not include diving beyond 10 feet. I have been looking at subcompact point and shoot for a couple of reasons. Price for the camera and underwater housings that are also reasonable in price. Durable construction such as a magnesium case. It seems a lot of people favor 2.5 or larger LCD, a viewfinder yes and no. Zoom and macro capabilities yes. Of all the cameras I have reviewed two stand out. The Sony Cybershot DSC - P73, Sony Cybershot DSC - P93, Sony Cybershot DSC - P93A models and the Panasonic DMC TZ3. The housing for the Sony is reasonable in price. If you choose aSONY DMC P9or theSONY DMC P10, the housings are a little less. Another alternative is a weatherproof digital cameras. Olympus has a Stylus 600, 800, 810. These I think are better than the Pentax Optio due to leakage problems. Of these choices which woyld be the best selection. What recomendations can someone offer?
Hank Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:11 PM   #2

Olympus seems to offer some newer models that might fit your needs. The Stylus 1030 SW is waterproof to 33 feet. There are other models in this line also. You can check them out on their website;

I couldn't find any reviews on the 1030 SW yet, but here's an interesting video on it from CNET;

denncald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:22 PM   #3

have you checked out the rugged Ricoh Caplio 500g 1/1.8 sensor 8mp 28-85mm
glent is offline   Reply With Quote