Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:17 PM   #1

Hello. I am in the market for a new camera. I had the Canon S60 for a few years now and I loved it. I originally bought that camera for the manual features that I never ended up learning how to use. What I loved most about the camera was that the images came out really nice from that camera. 4 years later, there are all these ultra compact cameras that are cheaper. I realize that I am mainly a point and shoot type of guy. I read some reviews of the different models from Fuji to Canon to Sony to Casio. I like the feature set, zoom, and image stabilization that the Casio EX-V8 is said to have. My main question is though, will the EX-V8 take pictures as good as my S60 did? I mean it is four years later and all, but since I don't know about the specs, CCD, and all that, I was hoping someone else would. Thanks!
jwfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:00 PM   #2

The Canon has 5 million pixels on a 1/1.8 inch sensor and the Casio has 8 million pixels on a 1/2.5 sensor, so one would expect the Canon to have better image quality. Based on my own observations of the sample shots, I prefer the Canon.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote