Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:37 PM   #1

Yes, so I have been using my A205 since 2003, no joke. Initially, I was toying with jumping into an entry DSLR, but they are quite an investment, intimidating, and too heavy for me.

So, I am looking for a camera that might prepare me for an eventual DSLR. My research has lead me to theCannon S5, Panasonic FZ18,and PanasonicFZ50. These cameras might not be ideal options for what I do, but, they seem to have good reviews. Any thoughts? Opinions? Am I missing one?

It is difficult to know exactly what I will be using my new upgrade for, but I can start with what I have been trying to do with the Fuji. I like to capture wildlife, so I will need something with a decent zoom. Additionally, a camera withimage stability (IS)is a necessity. I also like taking shots needing a solid macro (e.g., diamonds). Would love to be able to capture pictures of my fast movingaquarium fish. I would prefer a camera with at least 8-10 MP, so I am able to do basic editing with PhotoShop. In sum, I am looking for: macro, zoom, IS, and "animal mode."

BTW,budget is under $500.

Omie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links