Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:05 PM   #1

I occupied myself the last two days with searching through tons of reviews, but I must concede that I'll need the advice of experts to come to a conclusion - being the newbie that I am.

Now on to my purchasing criteria: The Camera should be nicely designed and ultracompact to compact, should produce nice image quality and come without any other obvious flaws. It will be used for various social occasions indoors and outdoors and i will attempt some simple artistic shots, though im a total beginner and I don't think I will need some outstanding equipment here.
At the conclusion of my research I picked the following models for comparison:

I noticed the Sd850 through this and varous other reviews:

I liked the great image quality, neat design and the optical viewfinder, that does seem to be an exceptional feature nowadays.

Just at the end of my research i stumbled upon this review, that casts a quite positive light on the Exilim 1080:

I liked the design here, too, the good image quality and suprising ISO-Results and the low price, compared to the Canon.

I thought about the f50fd because the image qualitiy of the f30(31)fd struck me as astounding - and although I noticed, that the quality of the newer models is several steps down, I couldn't help including it in my list. They look quite nice and persistently appear in the upper regions of some reviews, so whats the matter.

I would appreciate oppinions and reports (especially on the 1080, which has very good but also very scarce reviews) , but also alternatives, if existent.
Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Sry for my English, I'm German and a little out of practice, so I can't guarantee readable English just now.
Surodhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links