Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:55 PM   #1

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these 2 model cameras. Just wanted to get some opinions as to the strengths and weaknesses. Thanks for the imput.
giulianr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:46 PM   #2

I have the S-9100 so feel free to ask me any questions you might have about it. You can PM me if you like. Might be a few days before I get back to you as I am headed out of town tomorrow very early in morning.

In general I use it for fire and rescue type stuff (75% of the time) as well as doing photos of large scale local events, government events and have also used it to capture local landscapes and historical building pictures. My main reason for getting it is that the lens is built in and being around smoke, blood etc that is a big plus for me. I wanted the best camera without goig D-SLR and also needed a hot shoe for night use. It has really delivered. Also on its highest jpeg setting 9MPF (9 MP fine) it has made awesome 16x20 prints through online vendors.

If you do get that camera I'd mainly use CF cards in it but would also by a small (256 or 512MB) xD to have loaded in it as an emergency back up in case the CF card fails (which hasn't happen yet -- taken over 18,000 photos)

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote