Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:29 PM   #11

Thanks everyone

I will take a look at those cameras mtclimber and forget about the Samsungs. But between the Canon A560 and the Canon A580 which one better?

PS: Does Amazon ship cameras to Puerto Rico.
Tauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:35 PM   #12

Tarus-

Amazon, does, I believe, ship all the time to Puerto Rico! If you want a camera worth its salt, then with my ever so gentle. yet very persuavively intended advice is this:take a look atthe Canon A-570 IS or A-590 IS cameras, they have IS. The other Canon cameras, the A-560 and the A-580, that you mentioned, I don't belive have IS. IS is a very valuable addition to a camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:06 PM   #13

Tarus-

For the third time, yes, http://www.amazon.com does indeed ship to Puerto Rico. They also have a 30 day return policy with no restocking charges, which is a very valuable feature.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:11 AM   #14

Not to beat a dead horse, but I agree with Rinnie and Sarah - one of the Canon's with IS is probably your best bet. As for which is better between the 560 an 580, I would go for whichever is cheaper. Normally, you would think that the newer model is better, but I don't see much difference between the two. The 580 does have an extra megapixel, but it's on the same sized sensor, which would make me wonder if the 560 didn't have a little less noise at higher ISO settings (i.e. in low light without a flash). The 570 IS is priced quite reasonably and available from Amazon, as Sarah mentioned.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:26 PM   #15

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Tarus-

For the third time, yes, http://www.amazon.com does indeed ship to Puerto Rico. They also have a 30 day return policy with no restocking charges, which is a very valuable feature.

Sarah Joyce
Aparently they don't ship cameras to Puerto Rico, I get this message at checkout:

***We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. (See geographical restrictions.)***

Bummer for me. Are there any other shopping sites that ship to Puerto Rico beside Newegg? If you know of one let me know.
Tauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:33 PM   #16

Tauris,

Didn't realize Amazon won't ship to P.R. Apparently, B&H doesn't either - I'm not sure why. Try Beach Camera...

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/home.aspx

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote