Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:50 PM   #1

hey guys , lots of great info on this site. Cut a long story short.. im a newbie.. looking for a digital slr camera.. not looking at photography as a career, just a hobby. Will be doing a short course in photography soon, but need camera before i start.

Have been looking at the nikon D60 with a 18-55 and 55-200mm VR lens kits. And the Canon EOS 400D with Canon efs 18-55mm & canon EF75-300mm Lens .

Really cant decide... am looking at doing all sorts of photography- day , night , scenery , portrait etc. Just wondering what you guys think is better value/quality etc.
alli_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:43 PM   #2

It simply comes down to this: what system do you desire to buy into? The Nikon D-60 and the Canon XTI or XTsi are all very reputable and excellent cameras and they will all produce great DSLR images. IMHO you have to determine which system you want to go with, both today and into the future.

Once you buy into a system, you will most probably stay with it into the future. So, this is the time for a rather important decision. Which one?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:49 PM   #3

thank you. i have decided since my first post i will be going with the canon. Still not sure about lenses though. The canon 400D comes with an 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens. As i am extremely new to all of this, im really unsure wether these will be suitable for the photography i want to do. which will be day/night/scenery/ portrait etc.. (a bit of everything)

Any suggestions on the lens?
alli_86 is offline   Reply With Quote