Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:17 PM   #1

Hello everyone. I just bought a SX100 from Office Depot. I really wanted the 720 on sale but they were out of stock and gave me the SX100 for the same price ($150). Do you think I should have waited for the 720, or did I get a good camera for a good price in the SX 100? The 720 seemed to get really good reviews everywhere I looked, but the SX100 just mediocre. This is only my 2nd digital, as my 1st one didn't like being dropped as I slipped during a cave tour in Tennessee. Thank you for your input, I am a bigtime newbie.
IronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:21 PM   #2

$150 is the cheapest price I've ever heard for the SX100 - you snagged a great deal! The SX100 has a longer zoom lens than the A720 but in most respects it's very similar. I think you ought to be thrilled that you wound up with such a high quality camera for an amazingly low price.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:53 PM   #3

Iron Maiden-

There is yet another bonus for you. If you want one on one help with your brand new Canon SX-100, please just go over to the Canon Folder and you will find that we have a Canon SX-100 Gallery and Tutorial going on right now as well.

So not only did you snag an unprescendeted low price (the lowest I have heard of!) but, you can also get some one on one help with your new camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote