Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:01 PM   #1

I own a 5.0 MP Kodak now and its garbage on its good day. I want a digicam that has excellent video quality as I do a lot of motorsports videos. My Kodak only does quicktime format and I want something that does AVI/MPEG movies.

My main requirements are excellent clarity for someone who isnt skilled at holding still,good color, and ability to record video for longer than 10 min's at a time. Most cameras Ive looked at are about the same and have a 640x400 resolution for vids and most allow unlimited length or until memory is run out. Im looking at the Canon SX100 mainly and I was curious if anyone could say whether this would be a good fit or if there is a better manufacturer that Im overlooking that could be a better bargain for similar quality. I hope this wasnt too newbish, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Turbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:13 PM   #2

I hardy do any video clips at all, so I am not a good judge. However, most knowledgeable people who do video clips with a still camera have nothing but high praise for the Canon S-5 camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote