Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:10 PM   #1

hey, which camera has the better image quality. I am not really concerned about the LCD screen and optical viewfinder... also how much of of difference is there between the 28mm and 35mm, is there a sample showing the difference somewhere... so im looking at which camera is better overall, ISO, low light shots and regular outdoor shots. Thank you
igore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:13 PM   #2

The Canon SD-850 and the SD-870 are well thought of by most photo users. If you want to be somewhat picky, there are those who will find a bit of softness at the edges of the SD-870. The SD-850 does not have that problem.

Please do keep in mind that these two cameras are small, with nice metal construction, and the SD-850 has an OVF ( the SD-870 does NOT have an OVF)which is not often seen anymore, but they lose their excellent IQ when the ISO setting goes above ISO 400. The noise reduction begins to destroy fine details. Both ISO 400 and ISO 800, in a pinch will squeeze by, providing you are not printing any larger that 4" X 6."

I had to make the same choice, and I ended up choosing the SD-850 because I wanted an optical viewfinder.

Sarah Joyce

Here is the SD-870 - The one without the OVF

Here is the SD-850 - It is not the same day, nor the same location. Sorry!

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote