Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:05 PM   #1

Hey there,

I am looking to upgrade from my Canon 510. I love my Canon, but I go to A LOT of concerts and have been so disappointed in the sound quality of the videos. The bass at the shows just kills the sound completely. As much as I would love an SRL, between the money and the size it's just not doable for me. So far the sx 100 sounds perfect (10x zoom would be a HUGE improvement!). But I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience using the video at live shows. I found a handful of concert videos on youtube and they seem good so I'm hopeful. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

glittergirrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:44 PM   #2

Probably the best sound quality is with the Canon S-5. I would do a test for you, but I returned my SX-100, as I felt there was way too much camera movement.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:30 AM   #3

If the venue has poor acoustics (lots of reverb), or you're too close to the speakers, I don't think there's anyway that a little digicam will be able to adequately handle the bass. Try to position yourself wisely.

Also, for future reference, please note that no current SLR is capable of shooting video.

brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote