Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 1, 2008, 7:36 PM   #1

In the menatime, I have been in contact with Canon. They had me clean the lens contacts, but that didn't help. Today, I sent the camera and lens back. I am so disappointed. That lense was soooo what I wanted. I have had a Canon P&S for a long time, and an Olymus SLR.

So now, I am considering a Nikon. Am I right in thinking, that it doesn't matter so much whether I get a D60, D80, or D200 if I get a really good lens. The 18-200 zoom interferes with the flash at below 5.6, I believe, and is also not all that sharp (a big issue with me). I do need it for travel mostly and am looking for one lens that covers most needs. Evenually I will add a macro. Any recommendations? After all the research I have done coming to a conclusion with the Canon xsi, I am at square one again. Help, please.

PS: I just found out the D-40 and D-60 do not have built in auto focus, so it will have to be at least the D-80 or D-200 but that still leaves the question about a good, reliable lens

pabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2008, 7:45 PM   #2
Super Moderator

So we don't get two conversations going on it's probably best to post any replies in this thread http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=37where the discussion started, this will save on duplicates happening.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote