Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 2, 2008, 8:29 AM   #1

Presently using a Canon A560 and like it with the exception it doesn't have IS and no manual shutter priority. This is only my second digital my first being an Olympus D490 2.1 mp that until recently took better quality pictures than anything I tried and saw from friends.

I am looking for a replacement and was considering the Canon 720IS or the Panasonic LZ10 as both have manual shutter capability and use 2 AA batteries. The Canon seems to get better all round user reviews from my reading.

Would prefer to stay with a camera that uses SD cards as I have several 2mb cards. I like using AA rechargeable batteries but could be flexible provided a back up battery could be had for a reasonable price. Want the ability to manualy set shutter speed and ISO letting the camera compensate with aperature. Also compact P & S rather than SLR

Would welcome comments and other camera suggestions price range up to $300.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2008, 12:13 PM   #2

I have both the A720IS and the A570IS and both are great cameras. There isn't really any difference except that the A720 has 6x optical zoom compared to the 4x optical zoom of the A570IS. For a few more dollars than the A720IS you could buy the Canon SX100, which is similar to the A720IS (though no optical viewfinder but a better LCD) and has 10x optical zoom.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote