Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 20, 2008, 6:58 PM   #1

Hello there...

So here's my story and I'm hoping that there is somebody out there who can help me decide on what the perfect camera is for me.

I'm an active person who does a lot of travelling, adventure, hiking, and water activities. I'm also a semi-snob about the quality of my pictures. I recently lost my Canon SD 300, which I had for a few years and it treated me rather well. Last week, on the contingency that I could return it, I purchased the Olympus Stylus 850 (the one which is water proof, shock proof, weather proof etc..). I was uncertain whether or not it was for me, and once I looked at the picture quality I realized that it wasn't.

I've since been looking at camera's for around the same price (approximately $300) and there are so many to choose from that I'm a bit lost. Really the most important things to me in no particular order are:

Ability to be mobile and fit in my pocket
Great photo quality
Better than average Zoom (5-7x or more)
Lithium battery is preferable rather than AA
User friendly! I'm hardly professional, just a snobby amateur!

I noticed the Canon (which is a brand that I'm familiar with and prefer) A650 IS which I think has everything I'm looking for minus the Lithium battery (of course!) This camera seems great, but I'm still unsure about what else is out there.

Are there any other camera's that are similar that I should be considering? Can anybody help me pick out a camera that fits what I'm looking for? It would be greatly appreciated, and any and all advice/recommendations are welcome.

Thank you in Advance,

stiegz3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2008, 7:16 AM   #2

The Panasonic TZ5 has good picture quality, a 10x optical zoom, good build quality and will fit into a pocket.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote