Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2008, 5:12 PM   #1

Yes, its me again with the same question.

The topic pretty much sums it up. I have all but made up my mind to get the 450D, but would like to get a more "pro" camera.

I find the hand-grip of the Canon a bit small, but then again I have fairly long fingers, so even the Pentax K100D and the Nikon D40x fleels a bit small.

Two of my friends have the K100d and tthe D40x respectively, and I cant say that I really prefer either one of them much over the other, although I have spent very limited time with the D40x so far. The Nikon's controls feels a bit weird, but thats probably because I have had the Canon S5 (and the S2 before that) for so long now.

What I really like abou the Canon
Im not limited by what kind of lenses I can use, it will always have metering and AF. (Although there isnt a big second hand lens market in South Africa)
Good low light performance, with relatively very little noise.
Fast AF and burst.
12MP is nice, but not a deciding factor
SD memory, so I can reuse the one I have in my compact.

The Nikon is quite old (2 years), and still the body is more expensive than the Canon XSi with the kit lens.

I plan to shoot a bit of everything. Macro, landscape, concerts, portraits, some sports just for the fun of it, etc.

So, what I basically want from people in the know, is confirmation that I am making the best decision possible in buying the XSi.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links