Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:31 PM   #1

I was all set to purchasea Fujifilm modelF40fd until I ran into the problem of deciding where to buy it online. The camera came out in about Jan 2007 I am limited by the major retailers not having it anymore.It turns out that the sites that listit the cheapest (by almost a hundred dollars in some cases), also have the highest number of consumer complaints (such as bait-and-switch deals or non-shipment of the orders, no refund policy, etc.) I would like to know what is the closest alternative to the Fujifilm F40fd (or 45fd)of ANY brand? I am mostly interested in FAST times between photos, a camera that can use a rechargeable battery system (NOT AA batteries) and one that's good for poor light sometimes sinceI take alot ofpet photos indoors.The Fuji F series with the Super CCD sensor seemed the best choice for me, but honestly since they're so hard to find at a good priceonline from a reputable company I've given up on it. What would you say is the closest thing to the Fuji F40fd in ANY brand?

Thanks a lot. SARA

sarainelkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:18 PM   #2

Amazon has the F40 in stock (sold through Beach Camera).

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:47 PM   #3

The Fuji F45fd is available at Ritz Cameras for $159. It's the same camera as the F40fd, as far as I know.

The cheaper point and shoot cousin of the F31fd and F30 camera is the F20. You can get it refurbished at a number of online dealers. Check out one of Amazon's affiliated etailers. It's pretty cheap at some of them.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote