Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:31 AM   #1

I'm in the market for a new camera.

Always been a Nikon fan and always sworn by the Nikon product. Our last pocket cam bought many years back, Nikon Coolpix 4100 still takes phenomenal pictures but has now become the fishing camera and is stuck in my fishing bag!

Now as I approach the time to pick up a new cam, I've been leaning towards Canons

I've got a trip to Switzerland coming next week so I want to order something asap.

Been leaning towards the Canon SD870IS at 269.99 CDN - lots of decent reviews on the camera. The speed sounds awesome, the LCD looks killer.

My wife however informed me she is worried she'll miss the viewfinder and is concerned it might be too compact. I've also enjoyed my old Nikon's double a batteries which have allowed me to just pick up batteries in a flash if I needed too.

Also been looking at various Nikons..

$270 Plus tax Canadian is around my max expenditure.

I found a thread on amazon which claimed the SD800 was the best of the 870is (wide angle lens) but with a 2.5 LCD and viewfinder. Unfortunately , this model has been discontinued and can't be found for a reasonable price any more.

If anyone has some suggestions or advice, please throw them out there. I'm all ears and you guys are the experts!
eleven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2008, 9:08 AM   #2

Amazon.com has the Canon SD770IS (which has a viewfinder) for $225 (list price $299). I don't know if they ship to Canada, though.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote